Monday, August 3, 2009

We're BACK!

We arrived back in Oregon last night at about 8:30! We had a great time in Utah over the last 3 weeks.

We know you are in Utah when:
-You drive less than a mile on one road and pass 4 LDS churches.
-There is a billboard advertising New Homes where not only do you get a new house but it comes with food storage as an incentive.
-The next billboard advertises food storage storage units.
-Walmart sells (positive) books about Joseph Smith and has a whole DVD/CD rack for LDS media.
-Primary has 150+ kids.
-You can see three (maybe four) temples standing in one spot. (We went to the Oquarr (sp?) Temple Open House and you can see the Drape and Jordan River Temples from there and maybe the SLC Temple.)

The temple open house was quite the adventure. Lauren asked me if I could get her a chandelier. I asked her if she wanted that or a college education. She said both. Porter and Lauren were excited at how beautiful the rooms were. After we toured the temple, we went to the hospitality tent. As we were leaving, I was making sure we had Porter (we went with 25 people) and we did. When we got to the car, I noticed that Lauren wasn't with us. We called my brother-in-law and he didn't have Lauren with him. So Laurie (my sister) and I started back to the Hospitality tent. One of the volunteers radioed someone to see if they had a lost girl and the security people did. When we got to Lauren, she was very upset and crying. I felt so bad. She had gone back into the tent to find Porter and ended up getting lost herself. She said in between sniffles that the people had offered her another cookie but she was too upset to eat it even though she wanted one. Later that day, I asked Lauren what she thought of the temple. She didn't like it much because she got lost. Oh Dear!

Tummy Time!

Porter and cousin Erique climbed with their dads to the top of this hill up at Sundance.

Lauren on the ski lift at Sundance with Grandma Rose, Uncle Mark and Aunt Lee.

Lauren eating Cotton Candy.

Aunt Laurie making cotton candy.

Lauren and Porter riding our friend's chair that goes up and down stairs.

Caelyn hanging out with her cousin Kieara (who is 3 weeks younger than Caelyn.)

3 comments:

Brady and Brittney said...

How fun! I love love love Utah ever since the first time I went there. We hope to spend some time living there although I'm not sure we want to settle there long term. We should buy a house there... we need food storage!! Thanks again for letting us use your truck, it was so nice of you guys. Great to have you back!

Theresa Walker said...

Sound like a good time. Poor little Lauren. Your babies are SO CUTE! I can't wait to talk to you when you get all settled.

Amy said...

Holly, that looks like so much fun! What a great vacation and I can't believe how big Caelyn is!